Dictionary Set up for Medicare Plus Blue or Medicare Advantage Plans from BCBS or BCN
1. From the Insurance Library #4 / #6 and pull up the code currently used for MEDICARE ( Usually “MR” ) and make use of the “K” to COPY feature to create a new code to identify the Medicare-Plus-Blue policy.
SUGGESTION: MRPB or MRADV or BCNADV.
A. Change the name and address copied from the Medicare code to the BCBSM address: (PO Box 440 Southfield, MI 48034-0440)
B. Put the 5 digit number 00710 in the payer ID field #19: “00710” ( zero – zero – seven – one – zero ) for Michigan.
C. LEAVE EVERYTHING ELSE THE SAME AS MEDCARE. ( EXAMPLE: FORM, TELECOM ETC )
D. SAVE AND USE THIS CARRIER CODE FOR YOUR MEDICARE/BLUE PATIENTS.
|Field #||Code Value|
2. Add the MRBP provider numbers to each Provider. You may use the (K)opy feature and copy the Medicare Provider numbers to the new MRBP carrier code.
1. Pull up the “MR” provider number screen.
2. Enter “K” at the command line and change the “MR” to “MRBP”
3. Save and Exit – Repeat for all providers.
Note: The Medicare Plus Blue requires the Medicare 10 digit PPI in Field #7, the 7 Digit in Field#8 and the UPIN in Field#9, Taxonomy in Field #10, NPI attending in field #11 and Corp NPI in Field #12.
If a Corp NPI is not available, repeat the attending NPI in field #12.