e-Confirm is designed to contact your patients about multiple upcoming tests and multiple proceduresautomatically by one call and email and make sure that they are properly prepared to complete all the tests. Patients have the option to listen to a set of exact instructions for each test or procedure being conducted.
Reduces or eliminates staff time on the phone. Employees time can be reallocated or hours reduced.
The Benefits of the e-Confirm system
Utilize staff more efficiently – easily sets up to deliver reminder calls including date & time to your patients, freeing up staff to focus on your patient workload. Employees have more time to provide better patient service because e-Confirm reaches more patients in less time.
Increase revenues by having the patient properly prepared – like a virtual employee, your first line of defense in preventing patients from missing appointments or re-scheduling due to not being prepared for testing. It works overtime and weekends, never calls in sick, or asks for more vacation time.
Provide cost-efficient reminders – improves the efficiency of your business by reminding patients of important details before a visit. Patients will appreciate your diligence and attention to their busy schedule. emails are also sent when provided.
Improve patient communication – works like a tireless marketing assistant to help deliver messages to your patients about new location information, alerts to road construction and delays, emergency cancellation notices, and more.
Reduces your costs – The average cost of a mailed reminder is 60¢ per piece, live staff calls $10 per hour. e-Confirm quickly pays for itself in postage and employee cost savings alone.
Plan your resources every day – Appointment confirmation and preparedness will improve staff utilization.
- Appointment reminder calls with date and time
- Exact instructions about how to prepare for each procedure
- Emergency cancellations
- Courtesy reminders for collection
- Re-scheduling of yearly examinations and procedures
- Alerts to road construction, weather and drive times
- Allows patients to request additional information when needed
- Simple operation works with any phone.
- Enter phone numbers with ease by using a direct interface to your existing scheduler or built in scheduling system – input hundreds or thousands of phone numbers or appointments
- Stores unlimited messages and prep instructions
- Calls anywhere – local or long distance
- Easily delivers according to your reminder strategy – 24hr, 48hr etc.
- Set start and stop message delivery times – e.g. Start calling at 5:00PM
- You tell e-Confirm how many times to deliver your messages
- Privacy feature prevents select phone numbers from ever being called
- Automatically adjusts for daylight savings time
- View a progress report any time with e-Confirm’s on line report feature
- Detailed printed reports provide proof of contact and can be uploaded to the scheduling system.
- 4-line dialogic system makes up to 180 calls per hour (Based on a 20 second message and 45 second preparation instruction)
- Leaves regular or alternate messages on answering machines
- Advanced Features – e-Confirm can automatically tell patients to arrive earlier than the scheduled appointment when appropriate e.g. New Patient.
- Caller Response Option – Patients can confirm appointments over the phone, ask for more help or repeat prep instructions over and over until understood.
Example Report from the e-Confirm system
RSC: CT WITHOUT CONTRAST SCHEDULE FOR 10/03/09 – 10/03/09 TODAYS DATE: 10/05/09
Schedule Date: Thursday – 10-03-2009
TIME PATIENT ACCOUNT REASON AUTO-DIAL PHONE # CONFIRMED
0700A TEST, CTABD 094780 88401-CT ABD PEL WO 090209 180920 Human 1 586.579.5599 Y
0830A SMITH, CONNIE 491420 77011-CT SINUS SURGICAL GUIDAN 090209 191826 Busy 5 313.288.3354 N
1030A R——, R—– 491510 70486-CT SINUS/FACE WITHOUT CO 090209 192341 Human 1 313.730.5044 Y
1100A D—–, W——– 446420 72128-CT THORACIC SPINE WO CON 090209 185053 Human 2 586.564.3151 N
1100A E—-, K—- 238070 78803-NM PARATHYROID SPECT 090209 182752 Human 1 313.629.7111 Y
1100A W—–, D—– 246130 78801-NM BSGI 090209 182918 Human 1 313.695.3985 Y
1130A T—–, M—— 453490 76705GB-US GALLBLADDER 090209 185054 Human 1 734.767.2067 Y
1200N L—–, T—– 491380 78803-NM PARATHYROID SPECT 090209 191415 AM 3 734.336.4719 N
0200P S—-, L— 491530 78801-NM BSGI 090209 192316 AM 3 734.922.5462 N
0230P K——–, L—– 431630 71250HR-CT CHEST HIGH RESOLUTI 090209 184924 Human 1 734.730.6886 Y
0330P L—–, F—— 180640 71250HR-CT CHEST HIGH RESOLUTI 090209 181658 Human 1 313.653.6357 Y
0330P M——-, S— 491430 77011-CT SINUS SURGICAL GUIDAN 090209 191743 Human 1 313.210.5958 Y
0430P M——–, L—— 491410 71250-CT CHEST WO CONTRAST 090209 191742 Human 1 586.743.2236 Y
0500P M—-, A—- 228010 70486-CT SINUS/FACE WITHOUT CO 090209 182526 Human 1 313.787.1866 Y
0500P V——–, A—- 205030 78801-NM BSGI 090209 181943 Human 1 734.630.1448 Y
15 APPOINTMENTS LISTED 1 = Confirmed, 2 = Requested Call Back, 3 = Answering Machine,
4 = Invalid Number, 5 = Busy, 6 = No Answer, 9 = Unknown
Total Appointment Listed: 221
Total Dialed: 221
Total 1’s (Confirmed): 191
Total 2’s (Requested Call Back: 2
Total 3’s (Answering Machine): 26
Total 4’s (No Circuit): 0
Total 5’s (Busy): 1
Total 6’s (No Answer): 1
Total 9’s (Unknown): 0
Begin Time : 10/02/09 18:01:57
Ending Time: 10/02/09 19:08:29
Example Call Flow Chart of Ultrasound Kidney:
Hello, this is Osprey Medical Imaging calling for __________ to remind you of your appointment at our Sarasota office on Tuesday September 16th at 8:15 AM. Because you are new to our facility, please arrive 15 minutes early for registration. Bring your doctor’s order slip and your insurance cards with you. Failure to do so may result in rescheduling your appointment. Co-Pays are expected at the time of service. You may refer to the back of your order slip for a map and for instructions regarding your exam or visit our website at: www.e-confirm.com. This exam requires preparation. If you do not understand the preparation for this test, please call us at (888) 927-7774
*Prep: – Patient needs to come in with a full bladder. Please drink 36 ounces of water prior to your appointment. Please finish drinking this water 1 hour prior to exam time. Do not urinate once you have started drinking, until after your exam. If patient is 15 years or younger, please drink __ ounces ( e-confirm will calculate the amount) of water, having it finished 45 minutes prior to the exam.
Example Procedures Setup:
1. – Without IV Contrast – No Prep
2. – CT Abdominal, Pelvis 88400, 88416, 88411, 74170, 74160, 88419
3. – CT Head, Brain, Neck, Spine, Fluoro with preps
4. – Barium – 74280
5 – Esophogram
6 – Hystrosalpingogram
7. – IVP
8. – Dexa Bone Scan
9. – Mammogram
10. – MRI (-30 minutes) e-Confirm tells patient to arrive 30 minutes earlier than scheduled appointment
11. – MRI – Breast (-30 minutes)
12. – Breast Biopsy – Guidance 77021LT 77021RT ( -60 minutes )
13. – HIDA
14. – Thyroid
15. – Gastro
16. – WBC
17. – Nuclear
18. – Renogram
19. – UltraSound – No Prep
20. – US Abd, Aorta
21. – US Pelvis, Fetal
22. – US Kidney
23. – US Prostate – 76872
24. – TBBS, Bone scans (-150)
28. – Fluro – No Prep
29. – Generic Script – PET
30. – CT Guidance Biopsy 77012
000 – Main Site – Sarasota
100 – Bradenton – Roberts Street
200 – Lakewood Ranch – Holly Rd.
300 – West Palm Beach – A1A
400 – Key West – State Rd
|MRI IVR Return on Investment||
|Monthly Decrease in Costs (MDC)|
|( $10/hr – 200 hrs/month )|
|Monthly Increase Revenues (MIR)|
|Increase patient “readiness” by 2%||
|Increase amount of MRIs by 2%(decreasing “No Shows”)||
|Total Monthly Return||
|ROI = Cost of IVR / Monthly Return|
|Example: $28,000 / $12,000 = 2.1 Months|
|( $28,000 – Four Outgoing Lines 500 calls/day )|
|First year increase in net revenues = $120,000|